- Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Minors Available: English, Humanities, History, Social Studies, Family and Consumer Sciences, and Business (beginning in Fall 2013)
- Department of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Website: Interdisciplinary Studies
- Course requirements for Interdisciplinary Studies degree click HERE
- Phone: (985) 448-4096, 448-4459(for degree information); 1-855-NIC-ONLINE (for application, registration, and scheduling)
Summary: The Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies (B.I.S.) degree is for those students who wish to design an interdisciplinary course of study with a strong foundation in the liberal arts. The B.I.S. is offered through the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, which coordinates and fosters cross-disciplinary connections across all disciplines to help students realize their academic, personal, and professional aspirations. Because students are required to demonstrate depth in an academic area and to take courses in oral and written communication and the humanities, the B.I.S. provides an interdisciplinary emphasis that prepares students for entry into postgraduate studies and the professional world with a new global focus. The department also cultivates greater opportunities for service learning and leadership initiatives across all disciplines and coordinates campus-wide development of interdisciplinary minors and activities available to all majors.